Saturday, July 19, 2008

Official Yogi

So it's official. I'm a Yoga Instructor. Yesterday was my first class leading. It was a long, often sad progression of events, but here I am today getting paid to do yoga. Last month, I took an instructor training, not thinking I'd actually be teaching so soon. But the previous instructor found a full time job in Peoria and is no longer able to make it to Morton for classes. It happened super fast, but it's exciting. I got positive feedback, even though I screwed up a few times. I have a very forgiving and flexible (pyscially and situationally) group of yogis.

If you're interested, the class I teach is at 8:30 on Friday mornings at Village Courts in Morton. A one day pass is only $5!

Namaste :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best yoga instructor ever. :)

Anonymous said...

hey that's pretty cool Brian! Somewhere in passing with my MS group, someone had mentioned a program near by of yoga for those with movement challenges. Sounds interesting! I think I could make the drive in to Morton friday mornings :) No problem. !